Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Voice Stream for 5seconds after Call Pickup

When Phone A rings , Phone B , which is at the same Call Pickup group , Picks Up the incoming call , but after Picking Up the call there is no voice for about 4 or 5 seconds , after this period call is established properly.

Phones are Cisco 7960 , CCM version 3.3.2 , SpA

What can I do abou this? Thanks...

6 REPLIES

Re: No Voice Stream for 5seconds after Call Pickup

Here are the things I would check:

1)Speed/duplex on your switch ports connected to your phones. Make sure it's auto or forced on BOTH ENDS.

2) Speed/Duplex on CM servers. Nail them down to 100M/Full Duplex on server and switch ports.

3) Check your jitter buffers on your IP phones. You can use the web interface installed on each phone. Http://

Good luck!

Hi , thanks for your answer . I made a ping test between the switch and the ip phone , and I see that the performance is very bad . It was like : !!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!.!!!!!.!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!.!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!! . I tried different speed and duplex types between the phone and the switch but it did not work correctly. At our own ccm system there isn`t a problem like this. I think the problem is Phoe FW or the Switch FW. I will look at another customer today .

Is the problem the same for internal calls to phone A or just external?

If it's only external calls what type of gateways / Trunks?

How are the trunks configured?

Paul

Problem is on the gateways. There are E1 PRI`s connected to gateways , and E1 ports are configured EURO ISDN . But I think the major problem is VAD . I want to disable VAD on voice-ports , when you press "?" you dont see the vad command but when you type "no vad" router accepts it , but I am not sure that this command is working !

Do you know anything about this issue?

Are you using H323 or MGCP? I think if you are using H323 you have to disable VAD on the dial-peer rather than the voice port. And if you are using MGCP you set the SilenceSuppresionWithGateways system parameter in call manager to FALSE.

On another point, I know there are a lot of bug fixes in SPB that are related to faststart. We are having a problem at the moment where audio takes a second or 2 to start after the handset is picked up. We have been told by TAC to install SPb, maybe it's worth a try for you.

Can you post a config? Also this statement:

It was like : !!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!.!!!!!.!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!.!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!! .

This is NOT bad performance...IP phones have this security mechanism built in to prevent DoS (denile of service) attacks on your voice network.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content