Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Non-IOS MGCP: PRI config w/ less than 23 B

I dont need full PRI (23B) capacity. My provider offers me to share the T1 timeslots between a local PRI and a WAN FT1 toward a branch office.

With the DT24+, can I allow only the last 12 DS0 (23-24 which include the D) to be activated? I want to mux with 12DS0 (1-12) for another app.

Thanks

Philippe Qc. Canada

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Non-IOS MGCP: PRI config w/ less than 23 B

You should be able to configure the PRI to use only the timeslots that you require. Below is a sample configuration and a link that can further assist you.

controller T1 0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

clock source line primary

pri-group timeslots 23-24

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/dialts_c/dtsprt3/dcdchant.htm#xtocid278257

Community Member

What about non-IOS gateways like the original posting stated? I would be curious how to accomplish this. Also being able to "busy-out" channels if needed. I have noticed that the newest Call Manager updates have a few more tweaks for these types of gateways...

Community Member

One thing I am not sure how you are going to share WAN T1 between Voice and Data applications. In addition that WAN T1 I presume terminated on some sort of FR/ATM switch, or it is ISDN nailed-up connection - work as just an access tail.

Channel allocation is a basic function and can be programmed on the router.

As far as I know to allow voice on ISDN PRI you need to run some sort of signalling like ETSI, TSO14, R2, … etc. If you are using ISDN dial-up, make sure your provider will support Data and Voice calls on same pipe (little bit suspicious about signalling). For example here in Australia you can not mix them: it has to be used for Data or either for Voice.

Regards,

Vakhtang.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content