Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*noob* Creating XML Apps

Hello

I'm fairly new to the XML development for IP Phones, but I'm eager as heck to learn how to create my own useful apps for my business. Can someone point me in the right direction as to where to start? I'd like maybe a shareware tool that provides good insight and helpfull tips that'll allow me to get into this stuff for free and easy..

I'm currently looking into the SDK

I don't even know if that's possible, but any help would be greatly appreciated!! Also, anyone know any good links on the web that offer FREE ip phone services? I've already checked out BerBee, and that's awsome!! I want more!! HA HA

Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: *noob* Creating XML Apps

The SDK is a good place to start. First decide what you want to accomplish in your application. From there you can decide what API's will be needed. Will it be strict XML services, or will you need TAPI/JTAPI components, will it be asp or jsp, etc.

Get the idea first, then break it out into components, and then develop from the core outward.

Therer is a book published by Cisco Press, authour is Darrick Deel, named Developing IP Phone Serves: A Cisco AVVID Solution that can get you started. Once you are into the book you will see it is a bit dated, but will help you develop your baseline knowledge.

Re: *noob* Creating XML Apps

HA! HA!

I'M WRITING APPLICATIONS!!!1

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content