cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

not able to add new users

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

we are not able to add some new users to the system. i have verified that there are no filtered custom attributes.<br><br>the only odd thing is that they have renamed thier Recepients container to Southfield. to the dn is Recepients and the cn is Southfield. i tried changing the registray entry to fix the user search are but the killed all admin access to unity. <br><br>sometimes after a while users will magically be able to be imported.<br><br>any ideas?<br><br>---<br>Ben Mason<br>Netarx, Inc<br>Phone: (248) 647-9800<br>Fax: (248) 647-9840<br>Email: bmason@netarx.com<br>

1 Reply 1

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

My gut tells me you have some short of error in the LDAP string. Lets try this -- In the registry head to "HKLM | Software | Active Voice | DALex | 1.0 | Mail Users". You'll see a key called "root" in that branch. At the beginning of that key you'll see "cn=Recipients,ou=..." Remove the "cn=Recipients," and leave the rest there. Restart the system (reboot is best) and it'll allow you to get at the folks in the other containers.

If that does not work make sure you’re not trying to import users from another Exchange site. We can't do that due to a limitation in the MAPI protocol.

If the top two are not the problem then open the Exchange Administrator in raw mode (admin.exe -r) and make sure that the 'voice-mail-user-ID' property is set to 0 and the 'Allow rich text' is set to 1 on the user you are trying to import.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: