Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to get the Gateway registered in Call Manager

chaithanya.ch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can some one help me in solving this problem. We are trying to implement VoIP with 26xx as gateway. We configured 26xx and it is connected to PBX via digital E1 link. But we couldn't get this Gateway regsitered in the call manager. 26xx is conncted to LAN via Fastether link.

From router we could ping the call manager and even from Call manager we are able to ping the 26xx FE interface.

But when we try to regsiter the gateway in CALL Manager for 26xx it shows status as Unknown. Any guess on why CM couldn't regsiter this gateway. Is there any other config needed other than the dial peers in the 26xx. Thanks for any help in advance.

3 Replies 3

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

it is already registered but because it is an H.323 gateway, this is the status it shows. It was a bit confusing for me too at first. If you had an MGCP gateway then you would get a "registered with cisco call manager a.b.c.d" status. If the call manager displays the IP of the GW, then it can communicate with it. In the event viewer you can see when call manager is able to send calls to that gateway or not.

Yanna

Thank you very much for the information provided above. Then there must be some thing wrong with my config as i couldn't get the calls routed between MY PSTN network and IP Phones...

This is how i configured...let me know whether i need to add some thing else on router end

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 2...

port 1/0:0

dial-peer voice 4 voip

destination-pattern 7...

session-target ipv4:12.1.1.1(for ex)

voice-port 1/0:0

controller E1 1/0

linecode hdb3

source line

framing no-crc4

ds0-group 0 time-slots 1-15,17-31 type

e&m-melcas-immed

interface fastether 0/0

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

no shut

please let me know if any other confign on router is needed....

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

How do you have the router configured to talk to call manager mgcp or h.323. If it is h.323 then the call manager will never show this endpoint as registered because this is a peer to peer relationship between the call manager and the router. If it is mgcp then this is not supported yet until 12.22)XN.

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: