Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to make outgoing calls

ssatishhk
Level 1
Level 1

hi folks,

i'm stuck at one particular step in IPTX installation n i desperately need some wise solution to get me out of this.

I'm able to recieve the calls but not able to make outgoing calls hrough my E1 line i am also attacing the softcopy of my router caonfig

thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

pblumenthal
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i'm not sure but if i understand your config, you like to do outgoing calls with dial-peer voice 1 pots...on our cme, under the dial-peer for outgoing calls, we have added the voice port, so in your case i should be port 0/1/0 so the same id like you e1 controller...

we have the following config:

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 0.T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0

our user have to dial 0 to get a pstn line.

kind regards

pascal

thanks for your attention.

i did same config but its not working out.

can u suggest me some more from the config i have put thr.

NOBDY TO ANSWER THIS...

dlaminw1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First of all I cannot see the D-Channel of your E1 created (Interface Serial 0/1/0:15).

NB: Make sure you have enough DSPs for the E1 channels to be created automatically when you setup the controller E1 0/1/0

I presume the following is the Dial-peer that you were hoping to use for outgoing calls:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 701

destination-pattern .T

forward-digits all

1. This can ONLY work if the calling number is from extension 701 (answer-address 701)

2. You need to assign the D-Channel on your dial-peer because as it is there is no way it will know where to go:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern .T

forward-digits all

port 0/1/0 <--- Your E1 interface

Also, the following is the minimum config for the virtual E1 interface:

Interface Serial 0/1/0:15

isdn incoming-voice voice

I hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: