Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outside line

Once upon a time we had a couple of extension in the system which started with the number nine. Since then I have deleted those extensions within CM, but when you go to dial an outside line(using 9 to access) the system is still waiting for a possible match with the old extensions, before sending dial tone. So even though the extensions have been removed the system still acts like they are present. What can I do to fix this? I want to be able to enter the number 9 and immediately receive dial tone.

9 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

I would double check there are no other translation pattern or anything else whih may match.

Use the route plan report (On Admin menu)and get it output to a file to ensure this

Community Member

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

nothing of that nature exists, I have looked CM up and down, the only thing that I have that references the number 9 is the Route Pattern. I have even used the BAT tool to pull line reports, but no luck.

Community Member

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

Within SQL should there only be one database, because when I look in SQL I see 2 one that is named CCM3001 which looks to be an older Dbase

and CCM3002 which looks like the newer Dbase. Can I delete the older Dbase out of the system? It looks like that is the Dbase which is causing these problems, because when I view certain tables within it I see references to the old 9... extensions.

Cisco Employee

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

Your CCM0301 database should not be getting used anyway. For a long time, CallManager upgrades would make a new database so that is why you see more than one. I think this changed at some point recently. Still don't think it's the problem.

Did you check your Call Park Range? MeetMe numbers? WebAttendant Pilot Points? (even if you aren't using any). MessageWaiting on and off DNs? CTI Route Points?

Community Member

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

I have checked everything that is possible in CM with no luck. Can I just Delete that old database just to insure that it is not effecting CM?

Cisco Employee

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

You should be able to. You have to delete the publication under that database first, then stop sharing it by selecting the database, go to Tools menu, Replication, and Configuring Publishers, Subscribers, and Distribution. Then go to Publication Databases tab, uncheck the old database. Then the hand should disappear and you can delete it.

I would caution that this is not something that should normally be done unless you are absolutely sure that the database is no longer being used by anything. So if things go awry after this is done, I don't know that you will have any recourse.

I would also reiterate that I am virtually positive that this has nothing to do with your problem. I think we need to take a look at the active database NumPlan table to see if we can find anything there.

Community Member

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

Have you double checked Park and Meet me access numbers? I recently had a customer create a park range of 90XX. Users would not receive a dialtone untill the second digit was dialed.

Steve

Community Member

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

Have you checked to see if "Provide outside dial tone" is checked? And you may have to edit the SQL DB manually. I had the same problem and editing the SQL DB manually to remove the extensions worked, however, I would recommend getting TAC online with this. It seems that even though you remove extensions, the CM SQL DB doesnt flush them out.

Community Member

Re: Not receiving dial tone after entering 9 to access an outsid

FYI: After playing in SQL, I decided to just delete everything that had anything to do with the number 9. So the only thing left was the route pattern itself. I then deleted it, and recreated it exactly the same. After I did that the system worked perfect. Cant even explain why this fixed it. But it works now. Thanks for all the input.

207
Views
0
Helpful
9
Replies
CreatePlease to create content