Views
Helpful
Replies

Not receiving personal greeting.

davidgipe
Level 1
Level 1

Up front, I'll say:

1. I'm running in a new installation/test-mode, so down-time (at this point) is not a big issue.

2. I'm working with a Level 3 tech on this one . . .

3. This issue is being treated as a unique case of a similar issue that TSP v32 was to have fixed.

4. This identical post has been placed in the Active Voice forum. I just thought I would try here also.

Background:

I was running fine until the client's network administrator re-loaded Active Directory in the domain that my CM and Unity (UM) server was located in (Active Directory is NOT on the CM or the UM server, they are just member servers). With CM, I made it a member of a fictitious workgroup and then added it to the new domain (the domain kept the same name, it just needed re-done). With the UM server, I added it to a fictitious workgroup and then used the Compaq Erase utility to wipe it clean. I reloaded UM (v102 and TSP v28) and the fun began. TAC recommended I upgrade to TSP v32. No dice. Next, I upgraded to UM v126 and kept TSP at v32. No dice. I was going to upgrade to UM v135 and TSP v36, but the Cisco FTP server was getting hammered and I couldn't get through yesterday . . . so, I started over.

I changed the UM server to a fictious workgroup, Comaq Erase'd it and reloaded. I loaded UM v102, then immediately upgraded to v126. Loaded TSP v32 and here are the final results . . .

Current situation:

I am running CM v3.09, Unity v126 and TSP v32. When I dial my voice mail number (x5000) from a phone that is setup for voice mail (x5121), I get the generic opening message.

(At this point, Call Viewer shows no entry for the "Calling Number". However, traces on the CM side, shows the "Calling Party" field being populated.)

While in the generic opening message, it allows you to enter a number to transfer to . . . if I dial the extension I am calling from (x5121), it says the extension is busy and dumps me to x5121's voice mail. If I let a message and hang up, the message waiting light on x5121's phone comes on. Then, if I pickup x5121 and dial x5000 to get my messages, the generic opening message comes on. If I press * and log into voice mail as x5121, I can review my messages. If I listen to all messages and hang up, the message waiting light goes off.

Summary:

The MWI's are working, it just seems that the Unity system is not getting a "calling number" in specific situations (specifically, when a call is trying to be routed to voice mail) possibly because it doesn't know the call's origin (calling number). Somehow, the CM UOne ports (when the call actually goes out the port), the TSP software or Unity is dropping some call information along the way.

Any takers?

1 Reply 1

davidgipe
Level 1
Level 1

Problem resolved. Changing the switch type from Serial to TAPI in the SA, Switch, Active Switch window. This fixed the voice mail issue and also the Calling Number / Forwarding Number shows a value in StatusMonitor and in Call Viewer. Also, refreshing the MWI's shows up in the Status Monitor.

I received conflicting answers regarding what should show up in the "Active Switch" part of the SA, Switch windows. Until now, I had been under the impression that "Serial" in the "Active Switch" section was OK. To top it off, during every UM installation (4 or 5 times), I was never able to choose "TAPI" as the integration type. This was a generic installation of UM v102 on a 7835.

Thanks and put this one on archive,

David.