Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Notification and DTMF

<br>I have configured Unity to call my cell phone when new messages arrive. Unity calls me, but does not respond to any DTMF. I also tried sending to POTS line with same results. I am running 12.2.8T on 3640 router with DTMF relay enabled. Any ideas why DTMF does not appear to be recognized by Unity?<br><br>

6 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Notification and DTMF

Try adding the command 'incoming called number .' to a dial-peer with the 'dtfm-relay h245-alphanumeric' command applied.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

I have VOIP dial-peer with incoming-called-number . and also have DTMF enabled.

In my configuration, CM does the digit-stripping. Does Unity follow CM configuration when dialing. Do I need a route-pattern in CM for Unity? When Unity is outbound dialing, is it necessary for a VOIP dial-peer to process Unity outbound calls? If so, how does Unity process calling? Does Unity need to dial '9' or whatever is the outside line designator is? Does Unity use a 'VIP30' type connection through CM when placing calls?

Thanks.

Gold

The Unity system is nothing more than a bunch of phones to the CallManager. All of the same rules apply to Unity that apply to a phone. i.e. dialing 9, CSS and Partitions, etc.

I am assuming that if you dial from an IP phone to your cell phone and start pushing DTMF tones back you will not hear it on the phone either. Is this the case?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Actually, DTMF from IP phones to the outside work fine. Just Unity dialing out to land line or cell line.

Cisco Employee

Just to be clear... what about DTMF from the outside to IP phones?

Anonymous
N/A

Existing voice works as expected. Calls/DTMF from IP phones to PSTN and PSTN to IP phones work correctly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content