Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

notification of second incoming call

There is a known problem of users not being able to transfer calls with call waiting enabled and two active calls. The solution is to roll the second incoming call to a second line, which is not a problem. The question I have is this: is there a way to have an audibal and visual notification of the second call like when using call waiting? CM ver 3.2.3 is being used.

4 REPLIES

Re: notification of second incoming call

The second call, you should get tone when it rings in, and the appearence of the second DN on the phone will change to something like arrows going to the left of the phone.

Yes, if you look directly at the second line you can see something - although not very well, and it is not like call waiting where it pops up on the display (7940/7960). This is what my client is interested in giving to his users, but needs the tranfer option.

So this is the only notification? Is there anything in the works for future releases that will provide a better visual?

Are you saying you can't transfer from you second line?

I don't know how much notification you want, it is kind of relative. I personally have never heard that the visual and the small tone are not enough. I believe you can either boost up the amount of time you get tone, when the call is there. Maybe you should look into bumping up the tones, possibly.

When you have call waiting enabled on a line you cannot transfer when you have two active calls (transfer is greyed out - this is a known problem). If call waiting is not used transfer is fine.

I think what is there for notification is ok also, but there are people that are unhappy with the way it is done in Cisco's Telephony...and since they are they ones paying that is an issue.

I will look into what you said about boosting time of tone and/or the level of the tone. Do you have a quick reference url for this, to save me time?

Thanks for your responces.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content