cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notification-paging

tonygauderman
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 questions on Message Notification.<br><br>1) I seem to have a problem notifying a pager. Other methods work, but to a pager, it only sends the first digit of the "Extra Digits" field. I hook a butt set up to the ph one line, and thats all it's dialing. Is this an issue specific to the Skinny Integration and is there a fix for it<br><br>2) What kind of heirarchy is the notification scheme supposed to use. Say I have several notification methods active for a time period. I want it to call my home phone, and on failure call my cell phone, and then on failure the cell phone, page me. Will it know not to use all three right away even though they are all active for a specific time period???<br><br>Network Engineering Associates

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

OK… couple of parts to your question.

Concerning delivery to pagers. The Cisco TSP does not support dialing digits after we’re in a “connected” state (I’m actually surprised we get a single digit out). This has been reported to the Cisco folks, but I’m not sure where it’s at. The AVCiscoTSP (i.e. the provider formerly known as the “skinny TSP”) does support dialing digits post connection. This will be available in Unity 2.4.5 or you can contact Active Voice sales folks to get a “first look” version in Unity 2.4.0 which is currently shipping.

As for cascading notification devices, there is a way to do this. If you’ve setup your home phone, mobile phone and pager device to all trigger, for instance, on new voice mails, they’re all enabled and their schedules are active, all three will go off, more or less, simultaneously. If you want you mobile phone to be tried first, then your home phone then your pager there’s a couple ways to do that.

The first way would be to set your mobile phone up as normal, but set your pager and home phone to be enabled and their schedule active, however clear all the flags in the “Notify Subscriber of” box. This way the later two devices wont dialout when a message comes in, but you can still have your mobile phone device fail over to the home phone which can then fail over to the pager. We’ve got a dozen notification devices so you can set up a few scenarios like this if you want.

You can also do this with delays which is a feature we refer to in house as “notification escalation”. By setting the “Send Initial notification after how many minutes?” value up for your home phone and pager phone and having it set to 0 for your mobile phone you can have us call you immediately at your mobile phone, then, say, 15 minutes later call your home phone then 15 minutes after that page you. You don’t need to setup a fail over device link at all using this configuration. You’d just set your home phone for a 15 minute delay, your pager for a 30 minute delay and have all three devices to trigger on voice mails (if that’s what you’re looking for).

Either way would work. I suspect the first way is closer to what you want, however.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

I am using AVCiscoTSP from the file titled avtspcisco 1.0.0.17.exe from the ftp site. I understand there is a more current version coming out next week as per a sales engineer, but am not sure if this is supposed to fix this particular problem or not.

Network Engineering Associates

I asked the QA folks to test this in our lab this afternoon. They tried this on build 21 of the TSP using a DT24+ router. They stuck in about 20 digits into the after dial field and they all came through OK.

We don't think anything changed between build 17 and 21 of the TSP that would affect this, but I suppose it's possible.

What version of the Call Manager are you using? Which gateway?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

CallManager 3.0(2.15) and a Cisco 2621 with IOS 12.1.3T. This problem also occurred in the last version of CallManager we had on here (also a 3.0, but can't remember the exact version) working with a 1750 on 12.1.3T or the 2621 on 12.0.7T. I will be interested to see if the new version fixes this. It may be that the next major release of CallManager which is due out in the next 2 months will fix it too if it is a CallManager Problem.

ccm 3.0(2.15)
Cisco 2621 12.1.3T

problem also appeared on previous version of Call Manager with a 1750 on 12.1.3T and the 2621 on 12.0.7T. I look at the tracefile on the callmanager, but its hard to pick out what the extra digits are, the phone number is straightforward..but the extra digits are not! Can I trace the call from the unity side and see what unity is sending out the skinny ports? The Call Viewer doesn't show the call...