Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Notify a user when a VM is arrived

I have Unity 3.0x installed as POV. However the OS is installed as a member server to a domain. A V-message arrives at joe Smith mailbox in Uity. Joe Smith is logged on to that domain. No outlook profile to that Unity/Exchange. Is there a way to notify that user via a POP UP Message in NT or Win2k that a V-message has arrived. Can I set a rule to forward all V-messages from Unity/Ex MB to Email/Ex MB. The two Exchanges9Email and Unity) are member servers to the same Domain. The org name on Exchanges are different. The objective is to notify a doamin user Via OS or Email EXchange that a V-message has arrived. This user does not have a phone with MWI. Right now he calls periodically to check voice messages. They dont want to use Message Notification. They have Repartee system. They have something called View mail that works with Repartee. They are looking the same thing for Unity.<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Aplication Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
  • Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Notify a user when a VM is arrived

There is something similar to Repartee's VMM. It's called VMO, but you can't do it on a POV.

"The objective is to notify a doamin user Via OS or Email EXchange that a V-message has arrived"

Don't know what we can do for that on a POV.

I'm not trying to be snotty or anything, but with POV, the documentation clearly states, "Subscribers check messages only by phone." That's straight out of the 3.02 install guide.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Well. The Unity is a member of a Company Domain. It just has it 's own Exchange. Anyway Objective is to notify a user when a V-Message arrives. I was not looking for a textbook answer from 3.02 manual.. Rather a creative answer from your understanding of the product and experience.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Aplication Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure
Anonymous
N/A

It's not a matter of spitting out a text book answer. It's a matter of what is and what is not supported. My "understanding" and "experience" of the product tells me what you are looking for just doesn't happen on POV. I'm not in the business of recommending unsupported applications.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

I thought of this a bit later, but you could play with "text pager" notification. You should still be able to do this with a POV system. That notification will go to a SMTP device, so you could send SMTP email to the subscribers given they could be addressed that way.

The SMTP connector would have to be installed on Unity's Exchange server. I am not sure if these messages could be sent directly to the site's "real" Exchange server, or you might have to send it out to the Internet and back in.

It's not VMO or VMM, but it might get closer to what you want. It won't screen pop, but you could send a canned message reminding subscribers to call in and check their messages.

I guess that is at least better than saying, "it cannot be done" : )

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.