cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NT_ALIAS and Importing

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I have a CSV file created with a column for NT_ALIAS. If I remove the NT_ALIAS column, the CSV is opened fine and I would be able to begin importing users, through the import utility. <br><br>I am wondering why that is, on the user template I have tried all of the NT Alias generation settings with no change in the ability to open the file.<br><br>The format for the NT_ALIAS is: first 5 of the last name, first initial of the first name, followed by a 01, 02, etc. eg: SmithJ01, SmithJ02, WilliA01, etc.<br><br>Is there any way aside from manually creating these to get them imported?<br>Here's lines one and two of the CSV:<br>LAST_NAME,FIRST_NAME,DTMF_ACCESS_ID,NT_ALIAS<br>James,Joseph,1202000,JamesJ01<br><br>Any thoughts?<br><br>Unity is version 3.0.3.<br><br>--Cael<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by CDorwin on 2/14/02 12:44 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

This should be no problem... if you pass the Alias field in we will use it instead of trying to construct the alias from the first/last name. I think the problem is your header needs to be just 'ALIAS', not "NT_ALIAS". I just tried this on my 3.1(2) box at home and it works fine and I don't think the import tool has changed since 3.0(1) so this should work for you, too.

Check the help file on the import tool. It'll list all the column headers it's looking for. I suspect it doesn't like NT_ALIAS and is rejecting the CSV file as a result.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

The help file reads the following:

NT_ALIAS
The Windows and Exchange alias, which is derived from a rule specified in the subscriber template, using a combination of first and last name.
Any combination of letters and numbers, up to a maximum of 64 characters.

I will try just ALIAS and post results.

--Cael

Not applicable

That did the trick. Can someone else check a 3.0.3 version and make sure I am not the only one with an incorrect header label in the help file?
Thanks!

--Cael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: