cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NT Challenge & Response

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

To anyone who can help,<br><br>I am running Unity 2.4.6 and Callmanager 3.0.9. When I am in the unity by means of web access it gives multiple login screens. This is what happens. I am in the unity making changes or checking settings and as I change pages it asks me to put in username and password again. Since I have already put in the username and password in all I have to do is cancel the window. It does it everytime I switch pages or refresh. It only does it in the web access mode. How do I destroy this extra window that is popping up and why does it pop up? Any information and help would be greatly appreciated. <br><br><br><br>Troy Dean<br>Elevating Boats LLC.<br>900 St. Bernard Pkwy<br>Braithwaite, La 70040<br>Tele: (504) 682-5245 x 7002<br>Fax: (504) 682-5298<br>E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

8 Replies 8

mkale
Level 1
Level 1

Does this only happen after you leave the page open for a while? By default IIS has a timeout that will force you to re-login after a little while of idle time. Since you're logged into the NT account, it just needs to re-send the credentials. (which happens when you push refresh).

The timeout is probably adjustable somewhere, though I don't know where....

Not applicable

NO I can log in and change to a different profile and it will prompt me to login. It happens as soon as you choose from the different links in the navigation bar to the left. Example I log in and once it is finish loading I choose Subscibers, then it prompts me for a username and password.

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040
Tele: (504) 682-5245 x 7002
Fax: (504) 682-5298
E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

Not applicable

That'll happen when the media master control loads (i.e. any page with the little VCR-looking thing on it for greetings and voice names). This authenticates seperately and if you are not in the same domain or in a domain with trusts you'll have to authenticate again. Once you've done that, you should be cool for the rest of your session.

I know, it's annoying but it's unavoidable at the moment. the DCOM connection the media master control is making does not use the same login credentials you supplied to access the SA page originally. Joys of security...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks Jeff thanks for the help and answers. Would this explain why I cannot play or record a call handler using the web access also?

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040

Not applicable

Yes, it could be related. DCOM doesn't work through firewalls and can have problems with proxy servers as well. The media master will trip up if you're trying to use it in that kind of environment. Microsoft is supposedly coming out with some new updates to the DCOM concept to make this a little easier (i.e. limiting the number of ports it'll try to use on the callback to establish the connection instead of having to force the firewall to open a massive range of ports for it to use). Until that happens, however, you're kinda stuck.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Jeff thanks for all the knowledge.

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040

Not applicable

Jeff,

I looked into the Firewall and Proxy Server items. I am not going thru either to get to the unity. So what else could it be.

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040

Not applicable

If it's just a case where you're in another domain, you should be able to authenticate the 2nd time and have it work (i.e. instead of canceling out every time you see that authentication dialog as you described).

Is it a situation where even after you authenticate the media master control that you cannot establish a TRAP connecton? If so, what error message is it giving you?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com