Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NT password

Can anyone confirm if there Is there anywhere in a VM environment (where users are not in the Unity's 2000 domain) where subscribers can change their NT password (not their phone password)?

If they were in the domain, they could do it from windows... but if they aren't, it seems that there is nowhere for subscribers to manage thier NT password.

I don't see anywhere in COS that allows them to do it from AA. Is there anywhere else to look?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: NT password

Unity doesn't offer an interface for users to be able to change their NT passwords - it's a security issue we'd rather avoid for most sites that don't want us fiddling with such things other than on new users created in the domain from scratch where we'll set the initial PW (i.e. the password you set on the subscriber template pages).

You may be able to do some of this via IE/IIS directly if you setup things properly (Unity is not involved in this process). Here's a link to a post where I mention a couple KB articles around this area:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee88df7/0#selected_message

Re: NT password

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content