Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

NT Trust Accounts not getting Web Access

We are in the process of migrating to w2k. It is a long story. But until Unity comes out with an exchange 2000 compatible version, we are having to run exchange 5.5 on one side of a trust in an NT 4.0 domain.<br><br>The trust is bi-directional, and people are able to access their mailboxes fine, and viewmail is working. Unfortunately when they attempt to make modifications via the Web access they get Access denied - <br>---<br>Your Windows Domain Account [Roverland\bob.smith] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber.<br><br>You cannot access the ActiveAssistant web pages.<br><br>Please see your system administrator for more details. <br>---<br>Where Roverland is the w2k domain.<br><br>Is there any way around this? I have given their new domain account User rights to the mailbox. I have even tried making it the default Account (although I have not rebooted aftewards).<br><br>Any suggestions?<br><br>thanks<br><br>m<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: NT Trust Accounts not getting Web Access

Can you set IE up on one of these clients to do manual authentication instead of automatic authentication using the NT account and see if you can get in?

I've seen problems with bi directional trusts in Win2K (i.e. trying to do two Exchange servers into the same site using trusts instead of making one a memberserver of the other causes all kinds of nasty problems). You may need to resort to manual authentication...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

That might be feasible if I wanted to keep the old domain accounts in people's minds, but I don't.

If I setup the new domain as the "Primary Windows NT Account", then it appears to work, but I would like to have it be able to trust it via "User" rights. Although I can understand why that might not be very feasible.

Unfortunately there appears to be no way to assign multiple NT accounts to the same mailbox in such a way that the Administrative Assistant will parse them.

thanks anyways,

matt

Anonymous
N/A

yeah, we're simply passing an NT token to Exchange and asking it to return a list of users associated with Exchange accounts that match that (i.e. their primary accounts). You can have more than on Exchange account associated with an NT SID, but not the other way around.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content