cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of active sessions

dhcchan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,<br> <br> I am suffering a problem which is that a subscriber with appropriate COS sometimes cannot view other subscriber information at SA. The error message is as below<br>"<br>Access denied<br>You cannot access the Unity System Administration web pages.<br>There are too many active sessions. Please try again later.<br>Please see your system administrator for more details. <br>"<br><br>When I try again later, the subscriber can view other subscribers information at SA! May I ask what is the maximum number of active sessions according to the error message? Or how can I clear all active sessions? Or how can I minimize this situation?<br><br>many thanks<br>David<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

There are only 5 sessions allowed at any one time, sounds like you guys are bumping up against that limit. If folks don't hit the "logoff" link when exiting the SA the session will remain open for the maximum duration configured in IIS (20 minutes by default). Sessions can also get "burned" entire and never release if users bail out of the SA by just closing the IE screen (although we've tightened this down as much as possible). There's no way to manually clear these sessions without bouncing the WWW service to do it.

You can adjust the number of AA sessions allowed using the Advanced Settings Tool which you can download off AnswerMonkey or ships on the Unity CD. In 3.1(3) and later this is in the Tools Depot. We don't recommend adjusting this up too much since you can increase the load on the Unity server if you have too many folks hitting the AA pages at the same time. Since IIS cannot be "throttled" it'll chew up as much CPU as it needs and can hinder Unity's ability to process real time call info. Make sure you have the horsepower necessary to handle the higher concurrent usage.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)