cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of Conference participants

dgoswick
Level 1
Level 1

Everything I have read regarding the 6608 or the VG200 states that only 6 participants are supported on a conference bridge. I have a need to have at least 10 people in a conference. Am I missing something here, or do I need to purchase a third party conference bridge that can handle more than 6 participants?

2 Replies 2

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

6 is the default as configured in the Service Parameters. With the 6608, unofficially you should be able to get 16 without a problem, or more depending on which versions of software are being used. This is not supported as I said but I don't know of any problems relating to this. Also not sure if the VG200 has the same numbers or not.

If you want to look at another system you can use Cisco Conference Connection which is housed on another server and will allow you to schedule conferences, etc.

I am using CCM 3.1, where are the service parameters you speak of? I have found CFB: Call Count which is set to 48, and also MaxAdHocConference and MaxMeetMeConferenceUnicast are both set to 10. I am using a VG200 right now and if I try to conference in more than 6, the IP phone just hangs up. Do I have the correct service parameters?