cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of ring before transfer per phone

ali.tehrani
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to have on phone ring 3 times before it transfers into voicemail, and 5 times on another phone before it transfers into voicemail. Is this possible with Callmanager? Or is the number of rings before transfer a global configuration?

-Ali

4 Replies 4

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

It's a global setting. This can be modified under >Service >>Service Parameters >>>CallManager >>>>ForwardNoAnswerTimout

This setting affects all phones. I do not believe that you can set some phones for 3 rings and other phones for more or less rings at the same time.

tvanblon
Level 1
Level 1

In older Unity versions you could set this on the Unity server on a per-phone basis.

With Call Manager, my impression is that you can only specify the number of seconds and not the number of rings. As a general rule, I've been told to figure about 4 seconds per ring.

As for setting this on a per phone basis, I don't know of any (I'm new at this, so someone may have a better answer).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: