cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number Translations

mwheinz
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has 5-digit DN's and wants an Auto Attd. call handler from which incoming callers can dial the old 3-digit ext. numbers and have the digits "10" pre-pended onto the number somehow to reach the correct CallMgr DN. My subscribers are built with 5-digit extensions, the same as their IP DN's. The old numbers were 3-digit and the new numbering plan was created by adding 10 to the front of the number (eg., 103 became 10103).<br>Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

You can add 3 digit IDs as alternate extensions onto all your subscribers (assuming your 3 digit extensions are all still unique...). Callers can use either the 5 or the 3 digit extensions to reach subscribers in that case and calls forwarded from 3 or 5 digit extensions in the phone system will also get to the right place.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Thanks! A very cool feature. Actually, I discovered this feature after I placed this post and it works great. Thanks again for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: