cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Numeric Agent Login IDs

jaber23
Level 1
Level 1

We use numeric Agent IDs and I'd like to simplify the login process. In Extension Mobility I managed to edit the JSP file which sends the login screen to the phone. Changing <A> to <N> tells the phone to accept only numeric values from the keypad and saves the user from having to hit the keys 4 times to bypass the alpha characters on each key. Can you tell me how I cam make the same change to the screen which asks for the Agent ID, password and Extension when they log onto IPCC??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, Now I'm stumped.

It worked for us (and re-created on another system as well, on CCM 3.2.2c spH and CRS3.0.2. Maybe this could be your prob, oh, and maybe try and add a brand new phone to the system?.

Sorry, that's all I've got for you.

We can take it offline, mail me at wesley.versfeld@za.didata.com, and after some time of thrashing it out, we could post a decent tried and tested answer.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

wesleyv
Level 1
Level 1

This is a huge problem for us as well, can this be done? We have 3000 IP Phones logging in with numerics as usernames and passwords. And by setting this standard, the IP Phone agents want to use the numerics as well.

jkoennicke
Level 1
Level 1

If you want to change the IPCC login box to accept only numeric values then it would take some deep Windows programming to customize the login box. I'm not certain that you would gain anything v the expense of doing that. You could also take it one step further and store all the login values for the user and reuse them the next time that user logs in. In a way, automate the login process once the user clicks the login button on the CTIOS Agent Desktop. It would still require some heavy customization to circumvent the existing login process however.

I don't see why it will take ' deep windows programming' to customise this login box as the URL we use to login sends an XML file to the phone. It you browse to this URL with an HTML browser you can see its contents. The second field (agent password) has the following flag: P. The P says that this is a password and should be hidden. If this were changed to NP, it would tell the phone to accept only numberic input (same as the Agent ID field above it). I've done exactly the same for my Extension Mobility login as I can access the XML file directly. The XML in this case seems to be generated directly from a jsp. As simple change surely??

Hi

I have to agree with you - we fooled around in these jsp pages and found the extension mobility keys. After making a couple of changes, it became clear that this wasn't the place to make these changes for IP phone agent. We backed out, and left it there.

Since then we've added more phones, and instead of pressing 4 x 0 to get a zero for the ip phone agent login, we only press it three times ???

Going back to check this out.

Took some time to get back.

Thanks to the help of one of my esteemed colleagues, JAY.GREEN, we made this one happen.

IP Phone agent uses the same input file as the one that gets edited to enable numerics with ext. mobility.

On the TFTP server, go and search for a file that has KATE somewhere in the filename (forgot the full file). Out of that list, pick the one that's in your system locale's directory.

Edit this file by moving the numerics to the front of the respective character list.

(Now you might be saying that you've done this?)

Now for the trick to all of this...

You need to default the IP Phones to TFTP the new KATE-blah-blah file from your TFTP Server.

* * # 3 33 and select YES and SAVE.

BTW: This works 99% of the time, some of the phones needed to be reset a couple of times...

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I have now tried this and cannot get it to work. Any suggestions? I've edited the kate file and reset the phones. I've restarted the tftp service and even rebooted the callmanagers. Still no joy. All input welcome. Jim

OK, Now I'm stumped.

It worked for us (and re-created on another system as well, on CCM 3.2.2c spH and CRS3.0.2. Maybe this could be your prob, oh, and maybe try and add a brand new phone to the system?.

Sorry, that's all I've got for you.

We can take it offline, mail me at wesley.versfeld@za.didata.com, and after some time of thrashing it out, we could post a decent tried and tested answer.

Thanks, I got this to work on a new phone. In order to get existing phones to download this new file, I needed to force them to use a different locale for a while and then download the modified US-English locale file.

Ah, I've just realised that you think we're using CTIOS, we are actually using the IP Phone Agent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: