Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Occasional garbled voicemail

Unity version 3.1(5)

In the last three or four days we have started to have about 1% of the voicemail left on Unity garbled to various degrees (sometimes unhearable - sometimes just slightly garbled).

It does this both on IP CallManager port messages and Dialogic messages. The system itself is G711 - G729 calls from remote campuses are allowded - but actually I've only heard it on G711 calls so far. It seems pretty sporadic - but since it has seemd to be getting slightly worse this week i thought I'd see if anyone knew of any possible isseus that could cause this.

Thanks for any insight! :-)

3 REPLIES

Re: Occasional garbled voicemail

I'm currently experiencing the same issue with 3.1(5). Did you have any luck fixing this problem? It is very sporadic and I can't be certain if Unity is to blame or the configuration of a gateway. I can't reproduce it, but the client sends me each message this happens to and they are very garbled. Any ideas what it might be?

Thanks,

Brad

Gold

Does this only happen if the call goes through a gateway? If so, what kinda of gateway is it and what code does it run?

Hm - honestly I don't know if I'm positive it hasn't happened IP Phone to IP Phone - but I suppose I won't assume it has without proof. In fairness - it has been several months since I recall hearing this...

Of course there has been a gateway code upgrade on a seperate TAC case since then...

Just for reference the gateway is a dual-PRI 3662 running 12.2.11T3 - I'll have to look at the case to see what it was before...

- Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content