Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Occasional unaddressed message

Unity 3.1.1 UM license (but used as VM with on-box Exch 2000) with CCM 3.2.2c.

I have 2 subscribers (out of ~300) to whom outside caller messages sometimes are processed as undeliverable & sent to the unity admin. The caller hears the user's greeting and leaves his message normally. Inside callers work OK, as do some outside callers.

I've seen ~6 instances of this problem, always to these 2 subscribers, noone else. The subscriber accounts were recently created manually (not bulk added) along with several others and the others work OK.

I don't see anything obviously wrong in any of the settings, but I'm missing something, obviously.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Occasional unaddressed message

The NDR that's forwarded to the unaddressed messages distribution list should give you a reason for the non delivery (i.e. mailbox limit exceede, mailbox unavailable, address doesn't exist etc...) - do you have that information? There's nothing on the Unity side of the configruation that would result in us bouncing the messages - we simply hand off to Exchange to deliver as normal. If the message is not delivered it's usually a full mailbox issue, DNS issue causing MTA problems or the Exchange server is unavailable/off line for an extended period or something similiar... looking at the NDR itself will give you a clue where to look next...

The voice message just appears in the admin mailbox with an address of Unaddressed Messages (Unity_@...). I access this as a POP client and there is no message body -- just a wav enclosure that is the sender's message.

Cisco Employee

That means these messages are left directly for the unaddressed messages DL and did not bounce from one of these two accounts you're talking about.

The operator mailbox, for instance, is configured to leave it's messages for the unaddressed messages DL directly - any chance this is simply caller confusion?

Views
Helpful
Replies