Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Octel users in Unity directory?

I have a Unity bridge connecting to an Octel system. Once the system is up and running, will Octel users appear in the Unity directory? My customer wants to be able to forward messages between Unity and Octel by just using the Octel user's 4-digit extension. I assume that for this to work, Octel users would have to show up in the Unity directory. Is it possible to forward messages in this fashion?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Octel users in Unity directory?

When we come up there isn't a complete system swap of all user information that goes in each direction, the voice name and user info is transmitted only when someone on one side or the other sends someone a message - You can manually create Bridge subscribers on the Unity system to deal with this if you need to or you can use "blind" addressing for the first message and after that you'll get lookup by name/voice name confirmation and the like.

The Networking documentation has a chapter on the Bridge functionality here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/net/net313gg/net_0500.htm

The "Concepts and Definitions" section will be of interest to you, it covers the NameNet functionality and the like.

Views
Helpful
Replies