cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd Menu behavior from 7940

mattsachs
Level 1
Level 1

I'm developing an XML service to allow users to set wake-up calls, and I'm seeing some weird behavior from my 7940. The phone gets up to the second screen in the application, a PhoneMenu, and then when I try to select one of the two MenuItems, it gets the appropriate URL from the webserver, but still displays the old page, and then if I try to select a MenuItem again, it doesn't go back to the webserver.

I've attached the XML for the two screens; the first one is ampm.xml and the second one is message.xml.

5 Replies 5

mattsachs
Level 1
Level 1

There's an undocumented(?) 63-character limit in the length of CiscoIPPhoneMenu/Name items. That was the problem.

The length limits are documented in the XML Schema document (CiscoIPPhone.xsd) for the IP Phones. This is available as a download from Cisco Developer Support.

mattsachs
Level 1
Level 1

Neat, thanks. The only schema I could find is from Call Manager 4.0, we're on 3.3(3), are there any major differences?

If you obtained it from Cisco Developer Support, isn't it for version 3.3.4? Are you sure you have the 4.0 version?

Nothing significant has changed between versions (that I am aware of). The newer version includes tags to support the model 7970 IP Phone/Communicator, and the old version had minimum values for some tags which have been removed for the most part in the new schema.

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

Matt -

I am trying to work on a variation of this same wake-up call app service and was wondering if you could repost a copy of your script, if it is not licensed, for comparison to what I have already.

Thanks,