Views
Helpful
Replies

Off Topic :-) RSS

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Just wondered if anyone is using RSS on these forums?

Anyone have a preference for a particular RSS reader?

Also, is read-only as good as it gets or is there a way to be able to respond via RSS?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
4 Replies 4

amit.pandit
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Aron,

Yea, m using "RSSReader".

I guess its name says "Reader" so it should not be used for replying mails cause i hv tried couple of Readers and none of them gives option to reply to forum.

-Amit

Guess that makes sense :-0

I think I'll stick to the web page then, it's frustrating to not only have to log in to respond or post but to have to run another program as well!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The only thing that would be a little less irritating is if you use a web browser and one of the web portals that have built in rss readers - I have feeds on MyYahoo, and Gmail will let you do it there too - I just added the forum to MyYahoo, and moved it up to the top - and it is a convenient way to see general activity, and clicking on a post in the RSS reader takes you to the forum, where you can read it and log in there if you want to reply. My Netscape ver 8 will keep profiles if you want, so you just have to click to fill and submit login.

Mary Beth

Pardon, my Netscape will keep profiles if *I* wan, so *I* can just click to fill and submit - yours will presumably do whatever you tell it to do ; )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: