Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

Okena HIDS

I am installing Okena host IDS (purchased before Cisco bought them) on our IP telephony servers, and have been searching for a Cisco guide for setting this up. Cisco probably includes default policies for AVVID servers with the Okena product, but I can't find any docs on CCO.

Thanks...

3 REPLIES

Re: Okena HIDS

FYI...One of the newer versions of Call Manager is going to included (or malready does) the Cisco Security Agent (Okena) Just a thought if you have a contract on the servers then you could upgrade to the version with CSA included for free and put the other agents elsewhere. I will try to find some info either way and post it later.

Blue

Travis,

The agent is supposed to be included in 3.3(3), but I can find no mention of it in the system guide. Free agents would be nice, but right now I'm just looking for a little guidance with configuring policies.

I think this will have to the way of TAC. I think what happened is this. Entercept gets to be the only approved HIDS on CM. The only documentation on HIDS and CM deals with Entercept naturally. The relationship with Cisco and Entercept went south. Cisco said screw this and went and got Okena. The aquisition of Okena went fairly quickly and this left a gap in documentation. Since the intention was to buy Okena there was no work put into the development of documentation pre-aquisition.

The only docs I found are the same ones you have found.Sorry I could not be of more help. I didn't even find anything on the free agents supposedly included with 3.3(3)..bummer

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content