Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Old AC hunt groups vs. post CCM4.X line groups

This is old gripe I have with CCM 4.X and I want to know what others think about it.

From very early versions CCM has had the AC hunt groups that had the neat feature of being able to specify AC usernames and line #s as hunt group members as well as DNs as hunt group members. You could mix and match for robust scenarios.

Starting with version 4.0 line group/hunt list/hunt pilot was introduced. Also the "busy trigger" for DNs was introduced.

The new LG/HL/HP model introduced a much better feature set for hunting. It also observes the "busy trigger" such that if a person is on a single phone call and his/her DN is configured with a busy trigger of 2, the call will still hunt to that user.

Problem 1: The old AC hunt group does not observe the busy trigger. So if I have a DN with a busy trigger of 6 for a switchboard person, the AC based hunt group will consider that line busy and hunt past it with only 1 call on the line.

Problem 2:The new model of LG/HL/HP DOES observes the busy trigger but does not offer the flexability of adding AC user and line # as a line group member.

Conclusion: Each model has features the other needs. This should be reconciled.

Thoughts?

Views
Helpful
Replies