cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OLE error from Outlook

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting an error when trying to open a voice mail from Outlook 2000 on a PC running Windows 95. The error is an Outlook error that reads "Can't open this item. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run the Setup again for the program." We have re-installed Outlook and the error is still there. Is it possible that a certain non default feature of the Outlook program needs to be added to have that form be viewable?<br><br>This is a stand alone Unity that the customer is using Outlook to view faxes and listen to voice mails. They have the Outlook internet service installed to retrieve thier POP 3 e-mails. A second issue is when they try to delete multiple voice mails out of the deleted items folder or copy multiple voice mails to a folder, Outlook will consistently lock up. Any advise for either issue? Thanks in advance. <br><br>Craig Sixta, MCNE, MCSE, CCNA<br>Network Engineer<br>Matrix Communications, Inc.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

What version of Unity are you working with? Also, since this is a Windows 95 system, I'm assuming you downloaded and applied the DCOM patch from Microsoft?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I am also having the same problem on a Windows NT 4.0 sp6a machine running Outlook 2000. The Unity software is 2.4.6 build 120. If I get this error, close Outlook, then re-open it, it works fine. (for a little while) Then it will rear it's ugly head again. Any input would be greatly appreaciated.

John Bowser
Exchange Administrator - Augusta Medical Center
E-mail: jbowser@augustamed.com
office: 540-932-4715
PCS: 540-241-5569

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: