Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Onboard PVDM configurable? Sharable?

Hi,

On 2800/3800, are onboard PVDM2 configurable? For example, if I've got a PVDM2-8, can I configure 4 for transcode and 4 for conferencing?

Also, is the following scenario possible?

CME1 (onboard dsp configured for transcoding)

CME2 (onboard dsp configured for conferencing)

-> configure a group in sccp to group these dsp together?

Thanks

Hy

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Onboard PVDM configurable? Sharable?

You will not be able to share the PVDM2-8 which is only one DSP, DSPs cannot be shared between conferencing and transcoding, they can be shared between voice channels and transcoders, but conference bridges need dedicated DSP.

You can get PVDM2-32 which has 2 DSP and then share it.

As to your second part, you can definitely do that by creating sccp ccm groups and pointing to appropriate IP addresses.

HTH,

Chris

Blue

answer to first question is YES, you can configure the onboard PVDM2 for use as transcoding/conferencing resources.

you should be able to create PVDM groups on the routers and then configure the transcoding to use one group, conferencing to use another by pointing to the correct IP for the sccp group.

please see the following link for more info on PVDM2s onboard:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_qanda_item0900aecd8016c2c7.shtml

Hi,

So far, I can only find configurations for NMs, can anyone point me to configurations for onboard PVDMS?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies