Views
Helpful
Replies

One DSP for Conference and Voice ?

samuel.suen
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have one DSP (PVDM2-16) in the R2801 "12.3.11T". Can I configure HW conference and voice port (VIC2-4FXO) at the same time.

Indeed, I cannot configure as follows:

"maximum session X" under the conference profile. I only found X is "0". Can I allocate the DSP into different purposes?

Thanks for your help

3 Replies 3

chartford
Level 1
Level 1

Interestingly, I just had this conversation over lunch. My experience has been that even though the FXO card theroretically only needs 4 channels, it allocates all resources on that 16 channel DSP SIMM. You will need a second DSP SIMM to allocate channels for conferencing, transcoding, etc.

Another problem with this config is that the PVDM2-16 is only 1 dsp, and conferencing requires a reserved dsp:

PVDM2-16 16-Channel Packet Fax/Voice DSP Module

1 DSP (TI 2510)

Q. Can conferencing share the resources with transcoding or voice calls of a single DSP?

A. No. Conferencing needs a dedicated DSP resource. If a DSP is assigned for a conferencing session, then it cannot be used for transcoding or voice call initiations or terminations. Transcoding and voice calls can share the resource of a single DSP, however. Note that conferencing needs a dedicated DSP, but not a dedicated PVDM2 module. For example, PVDM2-64 contains 4 DSPs; if one of them is used for conferencing, the other three can still be used for other purposes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3115/products_qanda_item0900aecd8016c6ad.shtml

Mary Beth

I have one question and wondering how to configure PVDM2-64 to share DSPs though.

"PVDM2-64 contains 4 DSPs; if one of them is used for conferencing, the other three can still be used for other purposes"

I'd really appreciate if anybody could point any documents so a single PVDM2-64 can be shared for both Conferencing and voice termination. thanks, Veera

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: