Cisco Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

One ext 7404 won't pass proper ID to Unity...

Question...Customer has Call Mgr 322C with Unity 313a plus Exchange 5.5

Nearly 100 exts within range of 74XX work fine when calling or fowarding to

Unity, except for X7404. It gets main opening greeting instead when fowarding

to Unity and when pressing the message key. I suspect there is a handler or subriber ending with "4" that has key locked set to "yes" but I haven't been able to find it. I've also deleted the 7404 subscriber, then recreated it. Is there a way or tool to show integration digits being sent or received from Unity that will help determine why Unity doesn't like the digits 7404? I would simply renumber x7404, but the customer says no way...

thanks a million!

Cisco Employee

Re: One ext 7404 won't pass proper ID to Unity...

This wouldn't be because of a locked key... that would only apply if you were dialing the extension number while listening to a greeting in Unity, not forwarding into the system.

You can use the Call Viewer (which you'll find in the Tools Depot or the Unity Program group) to watch what information is being passed in for forwarding number in this case... this is what Unity is going to use to lookup the subscriber in the database.

The other suspect would be routing rules Unity - have you added any additional routing rules that might be triggering and fouling things up here?

New Member

Re: One ext 7404 won't pass proper ID to Unity...

I wanted to let you know what I found. First of all the Call Viewer tool worked great in identifying what Unity received....thanks for that. Anyway, I found that when prime exts (7404) also appear on an expansion module, the prime ext of the phone associated with the expansion module was sent to Unity, and not the prime ext associated with the user....hmmm. The only way I could get it to work was to delete the phone and the appearance from the expansion module, then re-create the phone. If I put the ext back on the expansion module, the problem comes back. If I reverse the order inwhich the ext and appearance are created, it makes no difference. I ended up taking the appearance off the expansion module, then recreated the phone (prime ext)

How strange...thanks again.