cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one key transfer

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

How can I modify Unity Autoattendant so the users can just push a key and get transferred to a call handler or a mailbox's voice greeting? <br><br>I tried to do it in the Opening Greeting by using a key pointing to a call handler, by I get "sorry, that is not a valid entry".<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Make sure you have the "allow caller input" checkbox checked on the greetings page for the active greeting on the opening greeting call handler.

If that's there and you've defined a key to go to the greeting or transfer entry point on another call handler, it should work fine...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Yes Allow Caller Input is checked.

In Openning Greeting, I defined a key and the Action for it is to Send Call to a call handler I already defined. I also chose Attempt Transfer for. So everything looks fine. But when I dial into Unity, I hear "press enter your password" and press that key, I got "sorry, your account is locked"

Please help.

Not applicable

Well, if you're hearing "Please enter your password", then you're not at the opening greeting... you're in the subscriber sign in conversation (we'll do that automatically when you call from a subscriber's extension). You can hit * to get to the "please enter your id" then hit # to get to the opening greeting from here. Once you're at the opening greeting you'll know since it should play the greeting for it...

from there you should be able to hit you key and go.

BTW, you're account is probably locked out since you tried to enter an invalid PW to get into your box too many times testing this! You can clear it in the SA...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Thanks for replying back to me so quick.

Is there a way that I can enter a key (only a key, no # plus a number) and get transferred to another call handler, or a mailbox, when I am in subscriber sign in conversation?

I do not want to let my users use the "#" option. I want them to hit a key, then get the voice prompt from a call hander or a mailbox.

Not applicable

No, the subscriber sign in conversation only does one thing and that's authenticate users to log into their mailboxes.

If you want subscribers to be able to get to specific call handlers quickly you probably want to setup different entry point numbers into Unity they can dial...

i.e. the messages button dials line 700 to check messages. Setup line 800 to send calls into Unity and setup a routing rule such that if the dialed number is 800, send the call to call handler X. This would be how I would do it.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com