cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One quick DIRT question

wrkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do a DIRT backup and restore of a voicemail only Unity 4.02 with AD, Exchange 2000 and Unity onbox. The person who built the box put everything (Exchange and Commserver) on the C: drive, which I'd like to change. I read that it's ok to restore Unity to a different drive and folder, but will the restore work if I also move the Exchange folder to another drive when I reinstall that software?

Thanks for any opinions.

2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That should be fine. The DiRT backup itself doesn't care. If you backed up subscriber messages too, then that should be fine. It uses microsoft's Exmerge tool on the backend, so all caveats would be inherited from that. I'm about 90% sure I've done this at one point or another, though.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sure, no problem.

DiRT does not care where Exchange is installed (what drive or even if it's on/off box) when it restores - it's only backing up and restoring Unity data and messages which it does through ExMerge - the physical location of the Exchange binaries and mailstore don't matter at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: