Helpful
Replies

one way audio from IOS gateway

tbanks
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone had a problem with one way audio on an IOS gateway? System is as follows

CCM3.1.3c, 2610 IOS 12.2.7 IP Plus, ISDN VIC S/T BRI, Unity 2.46.135

I use Unity as a simple IVR, it allows an incoming caller to select an extension and Unity then does a "release to switch" transfer. That all works fine and did on IOS 12.1.x. I upgraded the IOS to 12.2.7 and now I don't get any audio from the IP Phone back to the outside call thru the gwy. You can hear the call on the IP phone from the outside call OK however.

There are no problems calling direct to an external number through the gateway, so it is something to do with the transfer from Unity.

The config is very simple - see below, any help much appreciated.

!

isdn switch-type basic-net3

call rsvp-sync

voice rtp send-recv

!

!

voice-port 1/0/0

compand-type a-law

cptone GB

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 0026

session target ipv4:10.192.25.252

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

!

Thanks

Tim

4 Replies 4

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

The config looks okay. You say the call works okay when you call directly out the gateway you only have the problem when transfer out of Unity. Is there a DID associated with that phone so you can call directly into the IP phone bypassing the Unity AA? When you call through the Unity AA to the IP phone trying running debug voip rtp. This command replaced debug cch323 rtp. You will see R's and X's which represent transmit and recieve. You will want to see capital letters this should indicate it is working. Let me know the what you get with this debug. I am a little confused about who can hear and who cannot. Can the PSTN hear or the IP phone hear. Can you also look at the IP phone when the call is up hit the I button twice. You will get call statistics. Are you transmiting and receiving packets?

Thank you,

-Mckee

vimoreno
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If all you did was upgrade the IOS. And reverting to the previous IOS gives you full duplex communication. In my opinion you are running into a software bug. Please open a TAC case so that this can be troubleshoot and the appropriate information routed to engineering in order to get a fix for this problem.

Thanks

d.hurbanis
Level 1
Level 1

If it is a H.323 gatway, what are you using for the gateway address on the Callman? It should be a physical interface, not a sub interface. You should also attach this under the interface.

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 200.0.0.1 (IP of interface)

This solved my one way audio problem to the PSTN..

David

Thanks! The h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr command solved the problem, which I was starting to think from past experience with Unity was due to packets going to/coming from the wrong IP address.

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: