Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio Internally

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

CM 3.2(3), Unity 4.0(1), TSP 7.0(1)

You can leave messages from the outside for Unity mailboxes. However, internally I can't leave any messages. It accepts DTMF tones but when I leave a message it is nothing but dead air.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out the tech tips library here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Software:Unity&s=Verification_and_Troubleshooting

there's a section down a ways that has about 8 or 9 arcticles on running down various one way audio issues that may be helpful to you here.

Thanks for the reply. This is a new installation and it looks like the default gateway was added to the DHCP scope after the phones were placed so they received no default gateway :( The Unity server is on a different VLAN than the phones. What I find bizarre is that Unity was accepting the DTMF tones. Obviously then Unity does not get these tones, it must be CallManager interpreting the DTMF tones and sending the skinny over to Unity? Just curious. Thanks

yes... call progress information (hang up, tones pressed etc...) comes to Unity through the Skinny interface - a different path than the audio takes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: