Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

One-way audio into Unity

I have two CallManager 3.1.3a clusters connected to a single Unity 3.1.4 server. Each cluster has its own Catalyst 6000 switch with WS-X6608 8-port T1 module for PSTN connectivity. I just turned up a PRI voice circuit on the second cluster. All inbound and outbound calls work great except for incoming calls that roll to Unity - unity cannot detect the voice stream. DTMF tones, however, do get picked up by Unity. This only happens on one cluster. The other PRIs in the other gateway/cluster work fine. There is a single NIC in the Unity server and the Unity server can ping the bad gateway. I have no problems leaving messages from the IP Phones in either cluster, just from the PSTN through the PRI on one cluster. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: One-way audio into Unity

The DTFM tones get picked up because they are sent out of band to CallManager through MGCP and SCCP. The voice traffic is sent directly from the 6608 port to Unity using RTP (UDP). So it's possible for Unity and the 6608 to have routes to CM but not to each other.

Since you can ping you should have a route thought. Are you blocking ports 16384-32767 between the 6608 and Unity?

I would get a sniffer trace off of the 6608 port. That should show you where the packets are being sent to.

Keith

The IP Phones are on the same network as the voice T1 ports. The IP Phones can talk to Unity fine, while the T1 port cannot. I'm not blocking any ports on the network. This is strange. I'll try to get a trace tomorrow. Are there any traces in Unity I can turn on? Could it have anything to do with the TSP configuration. This is the second server in the dual-cluster TSP setup.

Cisco Employee

TSP traces on Unity would show the negotiation of which UDP ports are to be used for sending and receiving information for Unity's "lines" . However, the presence of that information in the traces doesn't mean there's audio successfully going to or from those UDP ports. That audio negotiation happens on a completely different connection; Unity to CCM - not Unity to the calling end-point.

I doubt there's anything in the TSP setup that could cause this.

My problem is resolved now. I removed the IP config on my gateway ports and re-added it. Even though it showed a default gateway in the Cat6K "show port" output, it wasn't quite right. After re-applying the IP settings, all is fine. Thanks for the feedback.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content