Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

One way Audio

I am trying to integrate the Audiocodes H323 gateway with Callmanager 3.2 sp(C). Audiocodes is a analog gateway. When we dial the extension to IP phone from analog phone, we can't not hear what the perosn speak at IP phone. Ip phone user can listen without any problem. Also I can't make any outbound call through Call manager from the analog phone. My call manager has Mgcp configured. We have router with FXO ports and servicing mgcp application to Call manager.

Any help will be appreciated.

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: One way Audio

do you have a bind statement on the LAN interface that would be used to signal the CCM?

i.e: h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr X.X.X.X

Community Member

NO. But I have the call manager using MGCP. do I need the bind statement. Also what will be the IP address X.X.X.X.

Community Member

your using MGCP to talk to that gateway correct?

Community Member

NO I am talking to AudioCodes gateway by H323.But I am using MGCP on my Gateway(Cisco Router with FXO port) to PSTN

Community Member

Cool. I am not sure if AudioCodes has an option to bind on the ethernets, but from what your symptons sound like the Bind statement mentioned before would most likely fix the problem with a Cisco IOS h323 Gtwy. Here is a link to look at a similar situation

>>>>>

Bind the H.323 Signaling to a Specific IP Address on Cisco IOS Gateway/Routers

When the Cisco IOS gateway has multiple active IP interfaces, some of the H.323 signaling may be sourced from one IP address and other parts of it may reference a different source addresses. This can generate various kinds of problems, one of them being one-way audio.

To get around this problem, the H.323 signaling can be bound to a specific source address, which can belong to a physical or virtual interface (loopback). The command syntax to use under the interface configuration mode is h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr . Configure this command under the interface with the IP address that the Cisco CallManager points to.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a008009484b.shtml#h323

Silver

There is a MGCP bind statement that does the same thing for the MGCP gateway - it allows you to specify the interface the signalling and media originate from, syntax is

mgcp bind ....

This helps if the gateway has subinterfaces on the fast ethernet for example.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content