Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

one way voice call

we have a CISCO 2610 with IOS version IP+ 12.1(7) connected to CISCO 3600 version with IP+ 12.0(5)T1

We use cRTP because we have a 64Kbps Frame Relay link to reduce bandwidth. For a period of time the voip work fine, but after 2 or 3 days the voice work in one way. We look at cisco site for that problem and the only thing that no sure is that our IOS version is afected with the bug CSCds08210?

3 REPLIES

Re: one way voice call

It may be your frame relay QOS is not configured correctly on both ends.

We had a similar problem and discovered that the frame relay qos commands on the central and remote routers did not complement each other correctly. They didn't match up.

Also, I might confirm if you are receiving packets on the phone that cannot hear anything (press the "i" button twice. The RX statistic is "receive" data). Similarly, check to see if the phone that does hear the conversation is transmitting. (i button and TX statistic).

Has the routing between the two phones been screwed up?

The IOS might be an issue. We are using 12.1(5)YD on a 4224 and 12.1(5)T4 on a 3660.

We don't use IP Phones, we use analog phones connected to a VIC-FXS in the CISCO 2600 router.

This configuration work fine after upgrading to IP+ 12.1(7) to use FXO-FXO comunication.

I just had this same problem, found that it was due to ip route cache in the serial interfaces. Under the ser int issue the statement {no ip route-cache} this should fix it. Remeber though, that by turning off ip route-cache that you are causing every packet to get inspected which will increase cpu load.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies