Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

One way voice CME 3.2, IOS 12.3

We’ve got cisco 2811 4 FX0 (cisco R) from the one hand and cisco 2811(cisco N) from the other.

On the cisco R is ios 12.3(11) T3+ Call Manager Express 3.2. To that cme connected 7960 and also cisco 7940

To cisco N connected Avaya through FXO

connection scheme is following:

ipphones – switch - eth 0/0.2 Cisco R serial 0/2/0 -- WAN -- serial 0/2/0 Cisco N -- Avaya

On the cisco R, inside cme everything works ( call, transfer, hold and so on) the call goes to Avays. You can talk, but the problem appears when subscriber cisco R put hold of the subscriber cisco N. After switching back from hold appear one side signal ( cisco R can hear, cisco N can’t)

The following situation appears:

- The call goes from cisco N(ext 3301) to IPPhone CISCO (ext 3519), no matter what is the direction of the call, there is one and the same problem all the time.

- 3519 picks up the receiver

- the conversation keeps going but when appears the necessity from the 3519 to switch 3301 to the “hold” , he (3519) presses hold batten

- 3301 is on the hold session ( no matter how much time that takes), 3301 hear just silence ( in spite of the fact that there must be moh file option)

- 3519 comes back from hold session, hears what 3301 says, but 3301 doesn’t hear 3519

- If transfer call from the “hanging hold call” to the other number, to 3525, f.e. the hearing will be normal, but if press hold again, the same problem appears.

I would like to underline that cme works fine, if press hold for the incoming call from 3525 to 3519, the 3525 will hear beep signal (as it should be), if press hold for any call from FXO, FXO will hear music.

Sh config for cisco R and cisco N are in the attached file

There is no problem with hold function for the cisco N

The recommendations, giving in (http://www.ciscotaccc.com/voice/showcase?case=K11362863) were made, but the result is the same, one side hearing after hold pressing.

Waiting for your reply.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: One way voice CME 3.2, IOS 12.3

can you please paste the following commands and debugs from both routers.

a. when the call is first established.

b. when you place the call on hold

c. When you remove the hold.

show call active voice brief

debug rtp packet (very verbose! care)

Please do this when only your call is in progress.

Thanks!

C2811-R#debug rtp packet

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

C2811-R#debug rtp ?

all Enable all debug trace for RTP SPI.

error Enable RTP SPI error trace.

inout Enable RTP SPI function in/out trace.

session Enable RTP SPI Session debug trace.

voipcac Enable voipcac debug trace for RTP SPI.

may be you mean debug voip rtp?

C2811-R#debug voip rtp ?

error Enable VOIP RTP Error debugging trace

packet Enable VOIP RTP Packet debugging trace

session Enable VOIP RTP Session debugging trace

Debug contains when the call is first established, when you place the call on hold,When you remove the hold, when you call from router cisco-N to cisco-R, debug was active before cisco-R hanged on.

Cisco Employee

Hello!

Apologies, I am not sure what is going on here. Please open a TAC case.

One thing I did note, but do not understand is why your tx and rx packets go to the same destination.. It did not make sense to me.

3d17h: RTP(63251): fs tx d=192.168.10.2(18958), pt=18, ts=2854710, ssrc=219C0A12

3d17h: RTP(5121): fs rx d=192.168.10.2(18958), pt=18, ts=15C70, ssrc=25920A02

Regards,

Nevertheless, curious to relate, but there is no problem before press hold, inside CME the problem with hold doesn’t exist at all! I would open tac with pleasure, but the problem is I cant understand what criteria I should use for searching tac, for that purpose I wrought complete config of both rooters. If you have any idea concerning that question, please let me know.

Views
Helpful
Replies