Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Only Monitors Second Lines

I have users that want to monitor secondary lines but do not want to answer incoming calls on those lines. I have the "Disable ring on this line" option selected so the secondary lines don't ring. The problem is that the user picks up the handset to place a call and if one of the secondary lines just happen to be ringing at that time they answer that call.

What the user expected was that they would receive dialtone on the primary line by picking up the handset. If they see the other line ringing and decide to answer the secondary line they would have to select that line.

Basically does anybody know how to make one line the primary line so that when the phone goes offhook it always defaults to this line regardless if another line is ringing?

cody_howe@hotmail.com

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Only Monitors Second Lines

Not sure you can do this. I have the same scenario on my phone and sometimes I hit messages and go to someones mailbox. Which is kinda with you are saying. There is a service parameter called alwaysuseprimeline, but I believe this is for recieving calls not making calls. What I do is I have trained myself to hit the line button when I make a call so I always know what line I am going off hook on. Read the descriptions for alwaysuseprimeline and see what you think. Maybe we can file a wish bug that says there should be a paramter like that for outbound calls.

Let me know what you think,

-Mckee

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.