Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Opening Greeting Deleted

I noticed that outside calls directed to Unity get "sorry, system is temporarily unavailable". I then noticed that the only call handlers in the system are Operator and Goodbye. The Opening Greeting handler was somehow deleted. I created a new handler called Opening Greeting, but I still get the "unavailable" message. How do I tie this new greeting so the system forwards incoming calls to it?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Opening Greeting Deleted

ouch, wonder how that happened? Anyone messing around in DOHPropTest or SQL directly? That shouldn't happen normally unless someone went out of their way since the call handler is marked "undeletable" in Unity and the SA wont let you wax it.

For the short term you'll want to create a routing rule for forwarded and direct calls that is positioned right above the "Default Call Hanlder" rule which is at the bottom (i.e. meaning it gets evaluated last). Make the rule active for "both", any port, any trunk, any dialed number, any calling number, "always" schedule and have it attempt transfer to the call handler you created. This will get you from A to B so calls stop getting dropped on your system.

Longer term we can walk through rebuilding your default database since the opening greeting is referenced here and there in the system directly so we'll want to get that guy rebuilt properly.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies