Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Opening greeting disabled

After upgrading to 3.14 my default opening greeting is disabled, and the system will not let me enable the greeting. I have checked my routing rules, alternate greeting, and schedule. Any thing else I should look for?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Opening greeting disabled

Is it just the opening greeting call handler for the standard greeting? Or is it for other greetings/handlers that it's disabled? Does it play the greeting over the phone when you call in or do you get a system generated prompt (i.e. "the example administrator is not available...") instead?

If it's just the one greeting I'd guess that the path to the greeting file it's looking for it missing which can cause the media master control problems and it'll disable like this. We can delete the reference to the greeting WAV file entirely and either past from a file on the HD again or record a new one.

if it's all greetings/handlers then there's a larger issue at play here with the control itself...

It is just the standard opening greeting. I tried pasting the original message from file and I am still getting the recording "opening greeting is either busy or not available". The status button for the greeting is "disabled" and the section is greyed out so I can't enable it.

I have the company's opening greeting set up in the routing rules to come off of their main extension, and this is working as specified in the routing rules. The default opening greeting would only be played if their company greeting didn't receive a match in the rules.

Cisco Employee

OK... probably just have a bogus WAV file path in that greeting. I'm working on a version of dbWalker that will detect, report and optionally fix this exact condition automatically (among several other improvments), however it's not out of QA testing yet so I can post it for general use. If you email me directly at "lindborg@cisco.com" I can walk you through how to manually go delete this path and see if we can clear this...

I ran the dbwalker utility, and it noticed the disabled status of the default opening greeting with an illegal configuration. The dbwalker re-enabled the greeting status in the call handler.

Cisco Employee

ah... similiar symptom, completely different problem. Interesting. Yeah the standard greeting should never be disabled but there were some SA bugs in the mid 3.0(x) versions that allowed it to be (which is why I added that check to dbWalker). It didn't have anything to do with the greeting path itself then...

thanks for following up.

Views
Helpful
Replies