Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ges

Opening Greeting versus Operator Greeting

Ack...<br><br>We have an opening greeting call handler which plays the typical "Thank you for calling.. please hit 4 for the company directory or 0 to leave a general message".. though--when you hit 0 it cycles back to the Opening Greeting handler. If I change the operator's greeting to not be the opening greeting, then *every time* someone calls in they get the operator's greeting, *not* the Opening Greeting.<br><br>What did I do wrong guys? :(<br><br>Thanks in advance!<br>Glenn<br><br>---<br>Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator<br>Lumeta Corp. mailto:ges@lumeta.com<br>+1 732 357-3514 (V) <br>+1 732 564-0731 (Fax)

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Opening Greeting versus Operator Greeting

I'm kinda confused about your explanation here... I have no idea wha tyou mean by 'if I change the operator's greeting to not be the openeing greeting...'. How did you get the operator's greeting to be the openeing greeting in the first place? What, exactly, did you configure the operator's mailbox to do? When someone hits 0 what do you want to happen?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

ges

Hi--

What we had was:

Call Handler: Opening Greeting (Welcome to Lumeta, for a company directory... etc... please hit 0 to leave a general message)

hitting 0 would give us "Sorry the Operator is not available" and recycle back to the Opening Greeting again.

I created a mailbox for our operator/receptionist, we recorded a message ("The receptionist is not able to take your call at this time, please leave a message...) and since we set that up, it seems we can *only* have *either* the Opening Greeting play *OR* the operator's greeting.

We also have a bunch of call handlers for our 3 reception lines that *should* go to the Opening Greeting upon no answer--same situation as above...

What we want is everyone to hear our Opening Greeting, and have the option to hit "0" to get to the general reception voicebox....

Thanks,
Glenn

---
Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator
Lumeta Corp. mailto:ges@lumeta.com
+1 732 357-3514 (V)
+1 732 564-0731 (Fax)

Anonymous
N/A

I'm still a little foggy on the terminology you're using here. I still have no idea what the sentence "since we set that up, it seems we can *only* have *either* the Opening Greeting play *OR* the operator's greeting." means. You call into the system and you stuck at either the opening greeting or the operator handler and you have no ability to try another mailbox or get to the alpha directory or check messages or what?

The 0 key is mapped to go to the operator call handler throughout the system for every call handler and mail user created. Unless you over road that by mapping the one key for "0" off the opening greeting to go somewhere else, when someone hits 0, that's where they're going. The message you're getting is from that handler (i.e. the "The operator is not available to take your call now...") and by default it's setup to then take a message and leave it for the subscriber or Distribution list setup as the recipient for the operator call handler.

Have you fiddled with the Operator call handler to try and have it do something other than leave a message after the standard greeting? Do you have it configured to do a supervised or release transfer to an extension? by default it's not setup to try any kind of transfer, it just takes a message which is left for the Example Administrator mailbox. It wouldn't cycle back to the opening greeting without taking a message unless you've change the default configuration in some way. From the sounds of it this is where the problem is.

If you just want messages from this box to go to the receptionist, the easiest thing to do is set that user up as the recipient for the operator mailbox. Make sure the after greeting action for the standard greeting is "take message". This person will get all the messages left for the operator mailbox and will get the added benefit of being able to distinguish messages left for that box from message left directly for them.

If you want the 0 key off the opening greeting to go somewhere besides the operator's mailbox, you need to map the 0 key in the User Input section of the opening greeting call handler to go to a different call handler or mail user object. From the sounds of it, however, you just want to direct messages left for the operator call handler to the appropriate subscriber.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies