Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Opening Greeting

Where does the wav file for the opening greeting sit? I need to replace the default greeting with the one we have recorded. I am unable to go through SA Web. Is this a simple find and replace?<br><br>

7 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Opening Greeting

Why can't you go through the SA? It seems odd that you'd have rights to get on the local Unity box and replace files but you can't get into the SA. Replacing WAV files directly on the hard drive is not the prefered method of changing greetings... using the "paste from file" option in the media master in the SA is how this should be done. This will also prevent problems with WAV files that are in a format Unity might not like and choke on (the MM will bark at you before pasting it in).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,
I know this is not the preferred way of changing the greeting but this is my only option at this point. We are unable to access the SA since we have a corrupted COS Administrator object, which is a totally separate issue. This is a interim solution before we do the reinstall. Please help! Thanks.

Anonymous
N/A

Not to be obstinate... but you're going to reinstall entirely to replace a COS object? Why not reapply the DCS scripts to rebuild the basic objects (including the two COS obejcts) rather than wiping your entire system? There are any number of ways to fix your system and gain access to the SA again rather than reinstalling it.

and what do you mean by a "corrupted" COS object? Lots of folks use the word "corrupted" and I have seen very, very few real instances of corruption in the true sense of the word. If someone just boo-booed and took out admin access from that COS you can get in with DOHPropTest and set the flags as needed.

There must be a way to return the system to fully operational without a reinstall. all that said... if you promise not to wax your system needlessly... here's the location of the WAV files in question.

Look in "commserver\localize\defaultconfiguration\enu" (assuming a US English install... ENA, ENG, etc... depending on the language installed).

Under there you'll see "OpeningGreetingday.WAV" and "OpeningGreetingClosed.wav". These are the standard and off hours greetings for the default opening greeting call handler. Be sure not to use something goofy like MP3 or something like that since Unity will choke on it.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Actually... I'm spacing out... you can only replace the standing greetings like that in 3.0 or later... 2.4.6 chunks those two WAV files into proprietary STM files and drops them in the RES directory. These cannot simply be replaced and have it pick up the new greeting (as you can in 3.0).

You are going to have to deal with your SA access issues to solve this.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I have run the DohPropTest with no success with the supervision of Cisco TAC. Their next recommendation to me was to reinstall. Any other direction you can point me?

Anonymous
N/A

Why don't you explain a little more about what's happening and why you think the COS is corrupted and what you've done. If the system is running I can gurantee you I can get you into the SA somehow or another without having to reinstall.

reinstalling should always be the very last resort. I'm suprised that was the reccomendation frankly.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

For those of you playing along at home, I called into this box and we figured out what the problem was… kinda interesting.

Turns out the IIS configuration for the default web folder (which is the parent of the SA Web, Status monitor, AA etc…) had been setup to allow anonymous access and clear text authentication, but the “integrated windows security” option had been unchecked. As a result, folks hitting the SA page were coming in without a security token (IIS just passes them right along to us). The Unity SA is hard wired to ONLY accept authorized connections… anything anonymous or clear text gets rejected out of hand.

We knew there was a problem further up stream from Unity’s COS because the error message on the SA said that the user was not a Unity subscriber but it shoed a blank for the account information (i.e. it showed “[]” where you’d normally see “[Domain\Alias]”). This indicated IIS wasn’t even sending us account information… not good.

Long story short, we went into IIS, forced only Windows integrated security for our sites and PRESTO! we had SA access.

As you were…

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content