cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening Greeting

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,<br><br>When I call from outside to check my voice mail through our main number, I get the following after entering my ID: "To leave a message for opening Greeting press 1". I hear this message 3 times before actually getting into my mailbox. Is there a way to change this setting ?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Sounds like you guys have your opening greeting call handler screwed up a bit. I'm guessing everyone is hearing this, not just you!

Check the greetings recorded for the standard, alternate, busy, off hourse and internal greeting rules and I'm betting one of them sounds like what you're hearing.

The easiest way to make sure this is working right is to activate the alternate greeting (which over rides all the other greetings all time when it's active) and record a "hello, this is company X" type greeting.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

The alternate greeting is active and is the first greeting that users hear when they call into the system.What we hear happens after the user authenticates to the system.Is the a way to disable that?

Thanks

Not applicable

Ok... I gotcha... hmmmm, that's odd.

the feature that's kicking in here should work like this:

You call into the system and attempt to transfer to a subscriber's extension (i.e. you looked them up in the alpha directory because you forgot their number). We do a supervised transfer and it comes back due to RNA/Busy. During that subscriber's greeting, you back out or hit * to sign in as a subscriber. We keep track of the fact that you had just tried to transfer to this user's extension and ask you if you want to leave a subscriber to subscriber message for them (i.e. so they can easily reply to it).

This should definitely not be happening with the opening greeting for any reason that I can think of UNLESS you have transfer turned on for that guy (which would be very odd). Make sure that all three of the transfer rules are set to "no, send directly to handlers greeting" (or at least make sure the alternate is enabled and set to go to the greeting).

If that's not it, I'm not sure why it would be doing this... we'd have to call in and watch the call monitor to see what info we're getting on the call states here...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: