Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator Assisted Transfers

Is there a key sequence in Unity to have the operator transfer a caller directly into a user’s voicemail box without first ringing the user’s extension. We want the extension to ring in all other instances. We are using release to switch transfers with Cisco CM 3.01.<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Operator Assisted Transfers

The "#2" sequence over rides the transfer settings and goes right to the greeting.

In my case you would dial "1189#2" and my phone would not ring... you'd just get my greeting.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

When we do this, we loose originating party Caller-ID on CM 3.0.8, not that I believe the version matters. Any ideas??

Brent

Anonymous
N/A

I'm not real familiar with how fancy you can get with CM, but on some analog PBXs you can create transfer strings that force it to forward calls from an extension without ringing it first... for instance on the Panasonic DBS you can force the call into voice mail for extension 1189 by entering 118977 if 77 is programmed as the forward over ride in the switch.

I'm assuming that's not something you can do with CM yet...

So the calling ID is lost when you forward the call? Is this us dropping it or is that the case in genera? So if you took an outside call from an IP phone and released transfered it to another IP phone, would that 2nd IP phone show the original calling number? If so, it's probably something we need to fix in our TSP or something along those lines. I don't have a CM system setup with lines providing honest-to-goodness caller ID so I can't test this easily... For analog cards (i.e. Dialogic) I know this information is preserved, however.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Hello Jeff,
We have Caller-ID passing from Unity to the CallManager and vice versa, but the only time we have an issue, is when we do the key sequence to transfer directly to vmail. A simple transfer works great. Any Ideas??

Brent

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content