Views
Helpful
Replies

Operator Callhandler - Unaddressed messages

lkrol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Our receptionists keep getting messages in the general mailbox with just the person's name in the message and nothing else. My guess is that its something to do with the Operator callhandler, but I can't figure out what exactly is going on.

The receptionists are using Attendant Console software and the last line is to go to the General Maiblox, which is a subscriber in Unity and not the Operator Callhandler.

Also, we are getting these messages during the day, so maybe its when people are pressing 0 from within another Unity callhander or from within their voicemail.

Does anyone have any idea on what this could be and how to stop it?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, sounds like the operator call handler could be your suspect - should be easy enough to run down. Check the standard, alternate and off hours greetings on the operator handler - if the alterate is enabled then you don't need to check the others since it over rides all the greetings.

By default the after greeting action after hours sends callers to the default interview handler which interrogates folks - messages left through here are pretty distinctive, however - it'll be a series of responses (starting with their name) seperated by beeps - if callers were hanging up after the name portion I suppose it could match your description.

By default during the day it does a supervised transfer to the extension you have setup up for it (0) and if no operator answers it again rockets the call off to the default interview handler.

Check the transfer rules and greeting rules on the operator call handler and see what they're configured for and we can go from there...

I checked the Operator CallHandler for rules and here is what I've found.

The Call Transfer setting is set to ring directly to the Attendant Console extension.

The Messages setting is set for the General Mailbox Subsriber.

So, if a user presses 0, while listening to a greeting or in another CallHandler, he will be sent to the Attendant Console extension. It doesn't make sense why there should be a message in the General Mailbox.

Also, I checked to see if the General Mailbox is a member of the Unaddressed messages list and it is NOT.

Any ideas?

Be sure to check _all_ the transfer rules (there are three - alternate, standard and off hours) and _all_ the greeting rules (there are 5, alternate, standard, off hours, busy, internal) - I'm betting these are coming in after hours and the attendant transfer (off hours transfer rule) is sending the caller right to the active greeting which is configured to take a message which, as you note, is setup to be left for the General Mailbox subscriber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: