Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Operator terminal error

Operators using call manager 3.2 will suddenly have a message in the middle of their screen "operator terminal is up- please re login if your configuration has changed" and you have to click ok in order to proceed with any functions. Anyone that is in voicemail hears a busy signal if they try to zero out to that operator. Nothing has changed on the computer. Any ideas why this comes up?

3 REPLIES

Re: Operator terminal error

That message will pop up if the AC Client is running when the phone is reset. I would guess that either someone reset the attendant's phone from the ccmadmin page, or,for whatever reason, the phone lost its keepalive to the CCM.

Thanks for the response, I know the phones are not being re set, it happens to only 2 of the 6 users sometimes multiple times a day. Do you know of any things that would cause the keepalive signal to be lost?

First thing I would check is the Application Event Log of the CCM the phones are homed to. If the phones are being reset, it should show up there. If you find an entry there, you can look at the cause code. A cause code of 8 means the reset is initiated by the device itself and indicates either the keep alive is being lost or a switch port is flapping.

Views
Helpful
Replies