Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

operator

I just installed Uity 2.46 for customer. I made a test from an IP phone to call Unity Uone number. I heard" welcome unity..., operator is not availble..."My question is : If I have a IP phone phone number 1002, I want this phone as operator, how can I set up Unity server in order to user can have option reach the operator instead of hearing operator is not availbale.<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: operator

You need to set the 'Opening Greeting' call handler to 'Attempt transfer for Operator' and then setup the 'Call Transfer' page with extension 1002 on the 'Operator' call handler.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

In that case, what's the use of the extension number under profile?

Anonymous
N/A

The extension number under the profile page is used for a few different things:

1. you can dial it from a greeting and go right to that call handler. This is true for interview handlers and subscribers as well. The field is not required, however, since many times admins don't want this "direct dial" capability, they want users to only get to handlers by going through menu options and/or after greeting/message actions first.

2. It can be used to handle calls forwarded from an extension (i.e. not a subscriber's phone in this case).

3. You can configure the call handler to transfer calls to that same number on the transfer page if you like or you can enter a different transfer string if you like.

I think you might find the audio text portion of the system administration guide useful as it covers various scenarios such as these. You'll find the guide in PDF format under the \documentation directory on CD #1 of your Unity installation CD set. There is also a PDF viewer installation provided if you need it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content